Saturday, January 19, 2008

Film Financing - Hedge Funds Dumping Hollywood?

Film Financing - Hedge Funds Dumping Hollywood?

So now, the Hedge fund people and the Movie studio people have found each other, and have raised a new crop of little debentures, but they're growing apart. What shall we talk about? I'll answer my mail.

In answer to all the nice folks who asked if the writers' strike is affecting me - yes. It has made me cranky. Or, rather, all the questions about the writers' strike has made me cranky.

Here's how it works - the writers' strike does not affect movie production schedules. It affects television, unless it goes on for a few more months.

I may have said this before, but for those who don't know, the movie and television businesses are two different things. I work in movies. Why? Because theater is life, film is art, and television is furniture.

Here's a nice article from Variety, which explains the Hollywood / Hedge fund connection, how it provides movie money, and how it's wavering, and also how the writers' strike affects movie production schedules not at all.

If only it could also explain both magnetism and gravitation...

Film Financing

No comments: